Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update for last week and this week.



The first photo is of a finished, yet unvarnished icon of The Holy Prophet Elias. He still needs a halo ring as well, but other than that, he is finished.


The second photo is of the Nativity. This is from last week, and I'll post an updated photo in the next post. This is a very detailed and intricate icon, and I am in awe of its beauty.

The third and fourth photos are from a beginner, and the faces are in progress. Can you believe this is her very first icon?


The last picture is the face of Christ the Teacher, a detail from an icon I will post in full next post. We had just finished this face at the end of class this week, and put in the gold leaf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a helpful hint: if you paint the area that is going to be gilded (yellow oxide, generally) any little places that the gilding does not cover will not stand out like it does with the white background.
It's fun watching the progress; makes me look forward to my class in August...

Anonymous said...

Just a helpful hint: if you paint the area that is going to be gilded (yellow oxide, generally) any little places that the gilding does not cover will not stand out like it does with the white background.
It's fun watching the progress; makes me look forward to my class in August...