Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 2 Redux





Day 2 ~ The students made good progress today. The spirital lessons learned today were 1)be patient 2)don't compare your gifts to other people's gifts 3)take your time with yourself, and do not expect more out of yourself than God does 4)listen to your teacher. If you didn't need a teacher, you wouldn't be in the class.

We have a few students making very quick progress. Most are ready for robe lines now. A few are just now choosing their background and border colors. You can see who is decisive and who decisions cause great anxiety. Writing icons teaches the decisive ones to slow down and consider their options, and the axious ones to go ahead and decide, and learn to live with the decisions.

Tonight we are doing a belated St. John the Baptist bon-fire. See you tomorrow

4 comments:

owenswain said...

Everything looks great. What a fabulous set up you have (as seen in the pictures in previous posts).

I am a bit to free form, I think, to learn the art of real icon writing...you should see my studio (ha ha!) but I love what you are doing here and the investment you're making in the lives of your students.

O ::thrive luminousmiseries || onionboy.ca

ukok said...

Renee,

I've been searching like mad to find somewhere in my part of the UK that offers courses in Iconography, and I am stumped. I'm going to try again to find something, I really do feel drawn to enquire more about this. If I lived in your part of the world I would so be in that studio of yours.

God Bless your endeavours!

Renee said...

Deb,

I'll see if I can dig anything up. I'll ask some of my iconography friends.

ukok said...

I'd appreciate that, Renee, thank you :-)