Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my icon workshop blog! Rather than clog up my other blog, crazyacres, with my workshop progress, I'll be posting updates, information and photos here. Tomorrow marks the first day of my first workshop. I have decided to ask St. Paraskeva to be my patron as she came to me in a beautiful icon and has offered me much inspiration regarding this goal of beginning an icon class. St. Paraskeva is a patron of women artisans, usually in the textile field, as well as domestic tranquility. I have also asked for the prayers of St. Photini, otherwise known as the Samaritan woman at the well. I ask her prayers that I may be as transformed by Christ as she was.

So, check in here if you are interested in the progress of my students. I will have 13 students begining tomorrow. They range in age from 11 - 16, with one mom also attending. Next post, how I turned my basement into an icon studio ~~

6 comments:

ukok said...

Whoo-hoo! So glad you thought this was a good idea too :-)

I'll be checking this blog...Often!

owenswain said...

I've got your rss plugged in.
O ::thrive luminousmiseries || onionboy.ca

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I`ll be following with great interest :-)

myosotis said...

Great idea!!

Henny Penny said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see updates! :o)

PinkSuga said...

These students are very talented!!!